HereWeAre Corporation (hereinafter “HereWeAre”) uses and provides the user’s personal information based on the user’s consent, and actively guarantees the user’s right(the right to control one’s own personal information).
HereWeAre complies with applicable laws, personal information protection regulations and guidelines of the Republic of Korea, which must be obeyed by information communication service providers.
2. Collection of Personal InformationHereWeAre collects the minimum personal information to provide the Services.
The following minimum personal information is collected when a user signs up for the Service or while the user uses the Services, through the home page, individual applications and programs, and etc.[HereWeAre Account]
Member identification and optimized service provision at the time of initial membership registration or service useRequired
nickname, phone number, profile picture, list of friendsOptional
phone number (only for HereWeAre users)Some services may collect personal information additional to those collected commonly by HereWeAre Account upon the user‘s consent in order to provide specialized services.
- What is required information? : Information required to provide the fundamental features of the concerned service.
- What is optional information? : Additional information which needs to be collected to provide more specialized services. (Users still can use the Services without agreeing to provide additional information.)
In case of collecting personal information, HereWeAre informs the fact to a user in advance and asks for his/her consent. Personal information is collected via the following methods:
- The user agrees to the collection of personal information and enters relevant information when signing up for a service or while the user uses the Services
- Personal information is provided via the home page, email, fax, phone, etc. during customer service calls.
- The user participates in online and/or offline events.
Device information (OS, screen size, device ID, type of mobile phone, model name of device), IP address, cookies, date of visit, improper usage record and service usage record may be automatically created and collected while the user uses the PC web or mobile web & apps.The personal information collected from users when the background location permission is allowed is as follows.
Background location information is collected, and this is used to explore nearby chat rooms even when the app is not running by obtaining prior consent from the user, and is not used for any other purposes.
3. Use of Personal InformationPersonal information is used to manage membership, to provide and improve Services and to develop new service.
회Personal information is collected to the minimum extent required to provide Services when the user signs up for the service or while the user uses the Services, through the homepage, individual applications and programs, and etc.
- Member identification, confirmation of the user’s will to sign up, prevention of improper usage
- Identity verification according to membership service use
- Confirm re-registration
- Providing content
- Provide notification service
- Message transmission between friends, friend registration and suggestion
- Notification of activities to friends, user search
- Develop new services, provide diverse services, resolve inquiries or complaints, and deliver notices
- Prevention and sanction of any act that interrupts normal service operation of the service
- Confirmation of intention to terminate service use
- Statistics based on service usage record, frequency of visit and service use; development of service environment to protect privacy; development of customized services; service improvement.
4. Provision of Personal InformationHereWeAre does not provide personal information to any third party without your consent or unless demanded by applicable laws. However, the following cases are exceptions.
- In accordance with the provisions of the law, or if the investigative agency requests it in accordance with the procedures and methods prescribed by the law for the purpose of investigation
- The company may collect and use personal information even without the consent of the customer if it is difficult to obtain general consent for economic/technic.
5. Destruction of Personal InformationThe user's personal information is to be destroyed immediately once the purpose of the collection and use of personal information is fulfilled. The procedure and method of destruction is as follows:
Personal information stored in electronic file formats is to be deleted using technical means which make the information unrecoverable. Personal information printed on paper records, printed matters and documents is to be destroyed through shredding or incineration.
However, any information that is destroyed after being stored for a certain period under the internal policies is as follows:
- 1)Record of illegal use
- Reason for retention : Prevention of illegal use
- Retention period : 10 years
- 2)Records on contract or termination of use contract
- Reason for retention : Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.
- Retention period : 5 years
- 3)Records on consumer complaints or dispute settlement
- Reason for retention : Act on Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc.
- Retention period : 1 year
- 4)Service visit record
- Reason for retention : Protection of Communications Secrets Act
- Retention period : 1 year
6. OthersHereWeAre is committed to protecting the user’s rights.
Any user may view and edit his/her personal information at any time (via a legal representative for users aged 14 or under), and may withdraw his/her consent to collection and use of personal information, or request for the withdrawal of the Service at any time.
In particular, users can modify personal information or withdraw the membership via Settings in the Service. Upon any request via email, document, phone call, the Customer Center shall take measures without delay.
If any user requests for the revision of personal information, such information shall not be used or provided until the revision is completed.
The protection of our users' personal information is our utmost priority. In order to protect users' valuable personal information, we at HereWeAre are making the following efforts.
Users' personal information is encrypted.
Users' personal information is transmitted through encrypted communication channels, and important information, including passwords, are encrypted when stored.
Personal information is protected from hacking attempts and computer viruses.
Systems are installed in areas restricted from external factors to prevent users' personal information from being leaked or damaged by hacking or computer viruses.
Valuable personal information is handled by minimum personnel.
Systematic standards are applied when creating and updating passwords in systems that store personal information database and process personal information. Standards are also applied to authorizing access to systems and audits are conducted on a regular basis.
HereWeAre employee receive regular training on personal information protection.
Training and campaigns on personal information protection and security are held for all HereWeAre employees who handle users' personal information.
For any inquiries, complaints, feedback or other matters related to personal information protection which arise while you use the Services, please contact the Privacy Protection Officer or the responsible department. HereWeAre will do its best to listen to you and promptly answer any questions you may have.Privacy Protection Officer
- Privacy Protection Officer/DPO: Keol Heo
- Contact : email@example.com
Please make inquiries to the following organizations if you need to report or consult in regards to the violation of personal information.
- www.118.or.kr / 118
- www.eprivacy.or.kr / 02-580-0533~4
- http://www.spo.go.kr / 02-3480-2000
- www.ctrc.go.kr / 02-392-0330
However, any major change in user rights, including personal information items to be collected and the purpose of collecting thereof, will be notified at least 30 days in advance.
- Notification Date: March 1, 2020
- Enforcement Date: March 1, 2020
HereWeAre always entreasures users' information, and continues to exert its utmost efforts for users to use our Service more safely.